Sunday, January 12, 2020

Taxes on the poor

We have been looking at this all wrong!

My entire life people have been blaming the poor for the failures of society. "Why should my taxes go to help the 'lazy', why doesn't the government do something to get rid of the panhandlers and homeless in front of my store, why do we keep letting in immigrants who are stealing my jobs and getting 'free stuff'.

These are just a few examples of things I hear people say all the time, but the reality is our society is in trouble because the people who have the most money, pay nothing to help society, and our leader's response is to continuously tax those who work until the day they die in dead-end jobs and those who can barely afford health insurance, a home or apartment, or even food for their kids.

As many of you know, state governments across the country (thanks to a Supreme Court decision last year) are now taxing all online sales and purchases. I, as a seller and buyer online, am feeling the impact of these states taxes. I am not rich! I am barely working class. I would love to add employees to my slowly emerging business, but at every turn the government is taking money from me, so I can't. SORRY POTENTIAL FUTURE EMPLOYEES.

This taxation to death of the working and middle class, which also includes the rise in property tax, and water taxes, etc., etc., etc., are my problem and I will deal with them, but the frustrating part is that the super wealthy in this country, pay nothing. WHAT A JOKE.

I own one bank note on a home, and at every turn the government wants money from me. I am trying to create a small business, and at every turn the government wants a cut. The system is designed for average people to fail. Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos pays NOTHING.

Time to blame the right people. Stop blaming someone who grew up with nothing, will work and not make enough to buy anything or have proper health care, and will die before they can retire with a measly social security check, because they have been worked to death.

Tax the tech companies that are responsible for our extinction. Tax the polluters that are destroying our increasingly precarious planet, tax those billion dollar corporations that are destroying our unions - the only thing we've ever had in this country to insure decent jobs. And FINALLY, vote out the politicians in mass who support these awful policies of blaming the poor and rewarding the irresponsible financiers of the 21st century.      

No comments:

Post a Comment